Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pinhole Photography: Blog Post #4 & #5

photo: Joesph Garcia

I like this pinhole photo because it shows a very cool scene. The photo very dark and somewhat mysterious. From the view of the sky it looks as if this was to be a sunset photo but the sunset didn't quite show up. You can see that it was dusk by looking a the street lights, you can see a glimmer of light showing that it was late enough for them to be turned on but not dark enough for it to be night time.

By studying pinhole photography I believe that I will learn the very basics of what photography is and how it began. Pinhole photography uses a rudimentary technique that is not much different then the techniques used by the early adopters of this technology. I feel that by studying pinhole photography I will get a great appreciation for the history of photography and truly appreciate the modern technologies of today.

1 comment:

Worth Weller said...

exactly - doesn't get much more basic than this!!