As photo manipulation as whole I don't agree with it for use of deceiving others for gain. In this instance although the politicians is using this photo for campaign usage I do not think that has far reaching ethical implications as other photo shop jobs have in the past. The photo he used was merely because he claims he didnt have enough time for a photo and that the real matter at hand were his political issues not his image on his brochure. I feel that politicians need to be held to a higher standard through out all of their activities and that there should be a full disclosure among the public.
As far as his campaign goes I would feel that this kind of outing could be potentially damaging to his run for office. I for one would not like to see a candidate manipulating photos for any reason. The fact that he would photo shop a photo and put it on a highly publicized brochure implies to me that he his willing to tell some other half truths to the public, which in itself should not be a great surprise to anyone. He just wouldn't be the candidate I would vote for.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment