I felt that chapter one was very interesting but also important for me to read as I know virtually nothing about the history of photography. From the development of the camera obscura to modern day digital photography, there is rich history to be told.
I especially thought the first part of chapter one on the birth of photography. And how rudimentary the technology was and how the people slowly developed the field and progressed the technology through the years.
Also photography was and is currently an important tool in documenting us as a society. History books filled with only words are not near as powerful as history books with pictures. Photographs allow us put an outsider in a moment and truly detail an event in a way that words could never do.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
glad you are finding this interesting; yes, we live now in an image oriented world, in which we get as much information from pictures as we do from text.
Post a Comment